Dr Margaret Buxton, AwhiWorld Ltd and The Magic of Place, is a NZ based enterprise and complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
We collect the following information:
Contact and Account Information: Your name and email addresses and other information we require to help send you infrormation.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. This policy was last updated on 1 February 2022
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products. This includes when you leave a comment (Please note visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service that is a plug in external to our account).
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
Most often we will collect personal information from you directly.
We will use your personal information
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
If you are in the EU, you have certain additional rights and protections under the law regarding the collection and processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EU, we will collect and process your personal data:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. providing training materials and individual sessions);
- Where you have given your consent (e.g. to send you newsletters) – please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us via the links provided.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- Server hosts: A2 Web Hosting
- Teachable if you opt in to study online
Data Subject Requests
If you are a user in the EU, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to have certain personal data corrected or erased. You also have the right to data portability, and to restrict certain processing of your data in certain circumstances. You also have the right to complain to your data protection authority if you have any complaints about how we process your personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data at any time, and you can withdraw your consent to marketing at any time.
To make any of these requests please email us on the links provided. We will respond as soon as practicable and no later than one month after receipt of your request. We will request proof of identification to verify your identity.
We reserve the right to deny or restrict fulfillment of your request in certain cases, such as when your access to data places another individual’s privacy rights at risk, or the continued processing or your data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. If so, we will notify you of the reason(s) for this denial.
Questions or Complaints:
In the event that you have a concern about our collection and processing of your data, please contact us and we will do our best to fix it.